Thursday, October 1, 2009

the harvest - i just feel like posting this today

i started as a seed in the hole in the ground in my head
you came after me we eloped without a sound we rushed it
now i'm all limbs all hands all eyes all feeling
you say i'm all heart like it's a bad thing
made my way as a sprout from the seed in the hole in the ground
you say when i came out i wasn't me i was bold i was proud
now i'm all fists all mouth all talk all aching
tell me i'm all heart like it's a bad thing
we all need to grow
i became a stalk from the sprout from the seed in the hole
i would lay and talk take it down let's see what i know
i know i'm all mind lacking logic full of panic no strings
they say i'm all heart like it's a bad thing
i became a flower from the stalk from the sprout from the seed
became afraid that our love would walk right out on me
i know you're all mine full of logic now i panic cause the strings
pull on my heart like they're attacking
we all need to grow
beauty comes from ordinary soil so why don't we see it?

5 comments:

  1. Hey Kirby!
    This is my favorite song on your CD. thanks for putting up the lyrics. Hope to see more :) Keep on writing girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. just found your blog. i'll be back so keep sharing...
    just listening to your song 'death of me'...
    it's so beautiful it's bringning tears to my eyes.
    i like it when that happens!

    tam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kirby
    I love your music! I was just wondering if you could post anymore of your lyrics? Thanks!
    -K

    ReplyDelete
  5. for some reason i'm just getting these comments now - a little late!!

    thank you, thank you, thank you. xoxox

    ReplyDelete