Friday, August 14, 2009

hiding place

strawberry lips

sink teeth deep into me

whispering secrets into moss covered hiding places

where velvet springs forth from innocent spaces

to allure me down

down

down


further down, still.

to a place where grass plays with my bare feet,

where i didn't know the dew would ever taste so sweet and

god,

i think i could die


here.


leave my legacy on your lashes,

bruises on your branches

still green from the springtime, my careless mind said you'd still be mine

but i could see the lights from the no-vacancy sign

that you hung in your eyes while my heart hung to dry


like a secret, kept in cotton mouths.

slowly drying out.

while the lazy sun turns everything to dusty caramel --


uncomfortable.


i.

bake bricks. make dreams.

wait impatiently for the rain to wash the silent crimson stains

that scream your name

so loud.




No comments:

Post a Comment